Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Deliberately Plan on Being What You Are Capable Of Being

I will admit that I am a sucker for a good quote. I don’t why I am that way but I would much rather read a profound truth in one simple quotation then digest endless lines of windbaggery.

Today I came across one that really made a lot of sense to me and I will later put it above my desk at work. Abraham Maslow wrote, “If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being then I warn you that you will be unhappy for the rest of your life.”

I think this speaks directly to why many of the people we come across seem so beat down by life. Through their actions and inactions, they have chosen to be less than they are capable of being. I don’t think they look at it in this way and because of that they are confused why life has seemingly kicked them in the gut.

Life presents us with many problems and it is up to us to figure out a way to solve and overcome them. When we are focused on becoming what we are capable of, it is much easier to avoid problems that take our focus away. We see them, solve them and move on.

I am going to spend my free time wisely today in order to help reach my maximum capabilities. As Henry Ford said, “It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.” What are you going to do today to help you reach yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment